4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch / December online hatching egg swap

I'd like to know the ebay ID and the new ID here as well. I've been scanning for OEGB eggs and certainly don't want to find a "good deal" that ends in rotten eggs sent to me. :/
I have OEGB up on 2 chains right now but have 1 order in process of filling. If you don't want them for the hatch-along you can claim mine or PM me for a side-swap or purchase.

I was thinking about claiming your's, but I won't be able to ship duck eggs until the 7th of the new year. I have some going out next week, and don't feel comfortable shipping eggs after that. Since that's well past the 2 week requirement for the chain, I didn't claim them. :/

I was thinking about claiming your's, but I won't be able to ship duck eggs until the 7th of the new year. I have some going out next week, and don't feel comfortable shipping eggs after that. Since that's well past the 2 week requirement for the chain, I didn't claim them. :/
Looks like you ended up with them any way. LOL

:D I took the big G down to look at how tiny the serama eggs were. Forgot about the coturnix eggs that were right beside them. I'm sure he's just tickled to death about the amount of eggs in there, because he was asking me later "just how many are you planning on hatching out?" LOL. In my defense, he really liked the OEGB, and I think he'll like the seramas as well. Plus, the ducks will be sold and the cornish cross that hatch out will be eaten, so it's not like we'll have *THAT* many. We might get up to 100 at a time, but, well, *cough, cough*, he *IS* the one who told me to raise them here instead of at my brother's place. I'll get rid of the old layers soon though, so then he maybe he won't get too upset? Hey, at least he can rest assured that I won't bring home another lamb again!

Now, THAT was a sticky situation. I bought a butcher lamb for a good price, and figured I'd get it settled in before he got home, so he could see that my plan would work until butcher day. Well, I pulled in and lo and behold, G was home early, and was walking right in front of the car when the lamb in the bed of my car blared a "BLAAAAAAAHH" at him. He really wasn't thrilled at all. I have learned from that mistake though. He's in our freezer now, but he was a TOTAL pain the entire time he was here, and I learned that I didn't have the means to kill him (I'm not the type to slash a throat, eww), and that butchering at $55 kind of put a dent in the whole "saving money" idea I had in mind. We still ended up with a good deal though... Purchase price and butcher fee ended in $3.63/lb, which is still cheaper than the 80% ground beef around here. :D

Last edited:
I think I'll do one. We had a bad egg last month but some other swappers pulled through to make sure everybody got eggs. If it wasn't for them I would have said no.

There are some of you that have not gotten me DC numbers for the Dec swap eggs yet.

Chickenonmymind
bittybrat
SilkieSensation
farmerChef

Please get me your DC #'s ASAP

Back
Top Bottom