~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Picked up my Bourbon Red eggs today and got them in the incubator. So glad I got the call for today and not tomorrow. Storms expected and I don't like driving in Okla-tornado-homa during storms.

I will work on updating the list of participants soon! Work has been crazy lately but I am starting my time off tomorrow morning.

Good luck to all those who have already set eggs!!

I will be setting silkies and barred rocks. I've never hatched turkeys. Are they fairly easy? I've hatched seramas, which are difficult, and now I'm attempting call ducks. They're supposed to be difficult as well.

I will be setting silkies and barred rocks. I've never hatched turkeys. Are they fairly easy? I've hatched seramas, which are difficult, and now I'm attempting call ducks. They're supposed to be difficult as well.

Turkeys are quite a bit easier to hatch then Seramas, I've only hatched 2 chicks out of I don't know how many of those tiny eggs. Good luck on the Calls, I've never tried hatching them but I bet they would be cute little ducklings.

Turkeys are quite a bit easier to hatch then Seramas, I've only hatched 2 chicks out of I don't know how many of those tiny eggs. Good luck on the Calls, I've never tried hatching them but I bet they would be cute little ducklings.
I started using a Lyon roll x2 and the incubation tips on a breeders page. I went from hatching maybe one or two out of a dozen to hatching about 50% on average.

I think I will have to try turkeys next. Just have to hatch some eggs to make room
1f606.png

Back
Top Bottom