4th of July hatch along!

Externals in the house!
:wee

IMG_20190703_162630.jpg
IMG_20190703_162344.jpg
IMG_20190703_162554.jpg

All of these lovely hatch photos are making me so impatient for mine!! I’ve been doing some sneaky listening near the broody coop but I hear nothing. Hopefully I’ll have a chick tomorrow :fl
Me too haha. I hear nothing but my duck hissing at me lol. I have 3 external pip's at last count but haven't been able to look closely. One egg however pip'd on the wrong end. So hopefully that goes smoothly.

Update: have one more Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hatched, the Black Copper Maran hatched as well but seems to be a little weak. It is still attached to its umbilical cord, or whatever it’s called, and it really isn’t trying to stand up much. I’m hoping she’s just tired, she was one of the first to pip and the fourth to hatch. You can see her in the first pic, wearing someone else’s shell as a hat.
upload_2019-7-3_18-44-28.jpeg
upload_2019-7-3_18-45-7.jpeg

Update: have one more Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hatched, the Black Copper Maran hatched as well but seems to be a little weak. It is still attached to its umbilical cord, or whatever it’s called, and it really isn’t trying to stand up much. I’m hoping she’s just tired, she was one of the first to pip and the fourth to hatch. You can see her in the first pic, wearing someone else’s shell as a hat.
View attachment 1833930View attachment 1833931
:woot

Well no broody hatched chick for me :hit the coop had an odor and I went to candle the egg. It was all dark, not good. We decided to remove it and see what happened. Yeah, it exploded all over my poor husband. The smell was indescribable!! Also, we did it on our back deck so now our entire house smells like exploded egg. :thI did sift through the goo and it looks like the little guy failed a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom