4wk duckling bald patch- pecking

jtodek

Songster
7 Years
Mar 22, 2016
oxford, MI
hi guys!
my little (or rathrr big) pekin duck sue has gotten a bald batch in the last 2 days. it came overnight and looked as if there was irritation innitially which has scabbed up. i dont see her pecking at it, but today it seems like it could be a tad bigger. I put some vitamin e oil on it, she has brewers yeast in her food and peobiotics in the water. eating and drinking good. shes in a brooder with 4 other duckinga of mixed breeds, all of which seem to follow her around the most. no signs of being beaten up. i hatched her myself and shes by far my favorite. I would hate anything to happen to her. any ideas if how to help heal, prevent it from becoming worse or know what the cause is?

58D6E661-8E4A-4176-A35B-B1D90130B20E.jpeg
57344236-F71F-4386-831D-E0FFFA5723C9.jpeg
FB8F1D8F-D086-4DAF-8F06-5531DE0C6013.jpeg

i have them in the brooder when im at work. its a kiddy pool but she did do it when they were in a smaller area so that could be it. when i come home they follow me to the pond, then garden, then i put them in the duck pen with the others but they all huddle together like they are cold so i thought they might need the light still. maybe i should keep them inside without the light except on days its 70-75? they were hatched may 12th so i had started them at 90 and did 5 degrees a day and based temperature off the dIly weather. if its nice they go out. otherwise i just observed if they were panting or huddling. ill try the light and see what happens. thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom