If you have mixed hens and roosters, the roosters usually begin to grow larger more quickly than the hens, so hens may be slightly smaller after a few weeks.
My flock now we got last March and they were all ladies, and we bought them sexed so we didn’t pay as much attention. It’s fascinating to watch them grow. It was much easier with a broody hen this time, but she has already integrated back with the flock- which was surprising to me.

My flock now we got last March and they were all ladies, and we bought them sexed so we didn’t pay as much attention. It’s fascinating to watch them grow. It was much easier with a broody hen this time, but she has already integrated back with the flock- which was surprising to me.
My one banty Cochin did that with her boy, she had decided she wanted to get back out with the flock, and we let her out, only for her to go broody again!

He was raised by me, and a disabled nanny hen!

My one banty Cochin did that with her boy, she had decided she wanted to get back out with the flock, and we let her out, only for her to go broody again!

Wow! He was lucky to have you and your nanny hen 💕 Our Momma was trying to go broody right after she hatched too, and then luckily waited a few more weeks before wanting to start enjoying the single life again, Haha!

Back
Top Bottom