Status
Not open for further replies.

dawg53

Humble
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Nov 27, 2008
Glen St Mary, Florida
Now they're saying $5 for a gallon of gas...glad I got motorcycles, my truck will be my gas station. Do you remember when they used any excuse to raise gas prices? Then we had the gulf oil rig explosion and oil leak...they didnt raise gas prices due to the economy...or so it was said on the news? Now they're going to gouge us, profit time.

3.31$ we paid last night and that makes me mad
barnie.gif

Solar and wind electricity along with an all electric car is looking better to me these days!

I think are local gas cost peaks at $3.09 for the cheap 87 octane(sp?).
My car has been sitting in the garage since the kids winter break started.

Quote:
If I remember correctly it was a prediction of the gas prices for 2012 by some Shell executive.

$3.50 today in a small town in MI........ Glad I have motorcycles as well, but won't do me any good till spring!

Quote:
I know why----when the economy tanked, the profit mongers held their breath. The government claimed recovery and people went back to spending for the holiday season------so the profit mongers, said business as usual, let's charge what the market will bear.
I've seen this before, the Oil shut off by OPEC in 1974 caused people to reduce spending, alternative energy/fuel sources were being researched and developed. OPEC said to themselves "Oh S***" and dropped the price of crude for long enough that all the alternatives became uneconomic and were dropped until the present when again we're developing alternative energy/fuel sources---but this time they've learned and have the powers that be part of the profit mongers themselves. That's why the price of everything will continue to go up until everyone joins the ranks of serfdom. I enjoy my wood heat and garden and chickens, now if I can only keep the property taxes from stealing everything I've worked for. Join the revolution, buy nothing, you don't have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom