5 Day Old Chick Sneezing And Trying to Swallow [Update]

Wow, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what he's doing!? The chick looks ok.... in the video it looks like he has hiccups or something. I don't think he's ill..... Is he the only one peeping? I hear the noise, but can't tell where it comes from...

I assume you're feeding chick starter?

Wow, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what he's doing!? The chick looks ok.... in the video it looks like he has hiccups or something. I don't think he's ill..... Is he the only one peeping? I hear the noise, but can't tell where it comes from...

I assume you're feeding chick starter?

It peeps still and nothing sounds off or rough. I think in the video it is another chick.
I am feeding dumor chick starter.

thumbsup.gif

Just a little update as of today. The little guy stooped sneezing and trying to swallow. I have a feeling n8ivetxn was right on that the chick must have eaten a little too much too fast. He has quite the appetite for a little runt. I have grounded up the bigger pieces of the chick crumbles so there arent as many bigger pieces. So far so good :) His appetite is still normal, still running around, and is drinking and sleeping just fine.

Hi,

the thing to remember with keeping birds of any kind is that they will do their darnedest to disguise illness until they are physically too weak to keep up the charade any more. It's self-preservation to keep from being that weakest member that's picked off by the predator.

I'd suggest isolating him for at least a little while (yes, he'll hate it) and make sure that he is POOPING PROPERLY. If he's putting out nice solid poops at a reasonable frequency, it might just be a weird behaviour.

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm new to this forum... where do I view your video?

Back
Top Bottom