$5 each for 5 week old hatchery Roos? Is that a good price?

ARose4Heaven

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Flippin, AR
DH says to advertise my roosters on craig's list. They came as "oops" in my 100 pullet assortment from McMurray. Some are Partridge Rocks, Barred rocks, one is White Jersey Giant, and a couple are SLW. Would $5 each be a good price or is that too low? 5 weeks old today.

Last edited:
When I sell any that age at the poultry auction I'm lucky to get $3-4 apiece for them....often times it's less. I just sold some last week there for $7 apiece but they were 5 months old already.

From what I read on here a lot you may be lucky to give them away.

You can alwasy start at 5 and come down if you don't get any takers.

I've tried to sell Roosters on CL, I ended up Posting them as free after a couple of weeks, and even then I got very few calls.

for some reason Roosters Have very little Doller value to some people.

I can't give mine away but it is worth a try. Each area is different. Good luck
smile.png

$5 is too high for unwanted cockerals. Many try to give them away but I would say $1 or $2 is your best bet. They will be a dime a dozen as people get their oreders in.

I agree with everyone-for hatchery roos 5$ is way too much. You better off selling them for 1-2$ each on CL..Get rid of them now before they really start eating you out of house and home-I have to give mine away for free to get rid of them and mine aren't hatchery...bite the bullet on them now-they were free to begin with right? At this point they have cost you a few $'s apiece to raise with food intake-I have tried to sell mine for 2-5-10-15$ each all different breeds of great stock-Don't wait like I did at 20+ weeks you'll lose alot of $ on feed...

I have seen local ads for roosters going for $5-$10 each. I'm not sure how easily they are sold. You may be better off putting them in your own freezer.

That's what I thought, but DH is looking for anyway to raise a dime.
roll.png

The little blokes will just live with the meat birds until butcher day. In the meantime, I get to enjoy having pretty birds in there for a change.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom