May 5, 2018
I have 5, 5 week old chicks. They all have tons of feathers and are doing amazing. However they are getting too big for their brooder in the house. I was wondering will they be okay outside in their new coop? The lowest temp at night is going to be 66-62 this week and I was wondering, is that okay for them? They don’t use a heat source anymore in my house and it stays roughly 70-73 in the room they are currently in the house. They go outside during the day since the temp has been in the 80’s during the day and I bring them in at night. They also have 2 houses in the coop (one with screens and none without) and 4 perches they can go on. I’m scared they will get too cold. Any and all advice is much appreciated!! :)

Get those babies outside! They will love it. It will probably be harder for you then them :plbb I had my five week olds out in the coop in the beginning of April and they survived.

Get those babies outside! They will love it. It will probably be harder for you then them :plbb I had my five week olds out in the coop in the beginning of April and they survived.
Thank you! They go out during daylight hours and have a blast finding worms, taking dust baths, etc. I just worry about them I guess lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom