5 week old EE pullet or cockerel?

farmcharm

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2022
New to BYC, but I've raised chickens my entire life. However, this is my first time with "Ameraucana" chicks (I work at TSC so I understand they are actually Easter Eggers). I've had my suspicions about this one, the one pictured in the front, since about week 3. Noticeably different behavior and stance than it's sibling, and I have no doubts that she is a pullet based off of her coloring and demeanor. Is it way too early for me to assume that this is a young male based off of lack of full feathers, different behavior, coloring, and comb growth?
tempImagequ6G7a.jpg
tempImageqyGZNG.jpg
tempImagewMwKF7.jpg

tempImagejA7AaF.jpg

Last edited:
New to BYC, but I've raised chickens my entire life. However, this is my first time with "Ameraucana" chicks (I work at TSC so I understand they are actually Easter Eggers). I've had my suspicions about this one, the one pictured in the front, since about week 3. Noticeably different behavior and stance than it's sibling, and I have no doubts that she is a pullet based off of her coloring and demeanor. Is it way too early for me to assume that this is a young male based off of lack of full feathers, different behavior, coloring, and comb growth?View attachment 3084453View attachment 3084455View attachment 3084456
View attachment 3084457
I think its a cockerel, looks exactly like one of my former EE roosters did. The solid red feathers also make me think cockerel but if it patterns out if may turn out to be a pullet

Back
Top Bottom