Possibly Americana - Breed and Gender?

Exhibitionhouse

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2023
New Orleans
I got what I thought was an ameraucana. The comb is throwing me off and I havent seen any all black ones in my google searches. Can anyone tell me if shes not an ameraucana what breed this is? Shes about 8-9 weeks old. Also seems like a pullet based on demeanor, but am I wrong on this? ps I did pull the hair out of her mouth so she didnt digest it.

Attachments

• IMG_7353.jpg
    IMG_7353.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 93
  • piper-2.jpg
    piper-2.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 25
  • piper.jpg
    piper.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for the reply! I just called the feed store where I bought her and they said the mom was an araucana, and the dad may have been an Orpington. Doesn't really track but idk.
That's odd. She doesn't really have an Araucana features. The other thing that gets to me is they supposedly knew her parent breeds, and yet, sold her as an Ameraucana/Americana?

She is a pullet though!

That's odd. She doesn't really have an Araucana features. The other thing that gets to me is they supposedly knew her parent breeds, and yet, sold her as an Ameraucana/Americana?

She is a pullet though!
Exactly. They also told me all the chicks were girls and I later found out they were all straight runs, so just going off looks at this point for the breed.

Thanks for the reply! I just called the feed store where I bought her and they said the mom was an araucana, and the dad may have been an Orpington. Doesn't really track but idk.
This cannot be the case as the pictured bird is fibromelanotic and neither Orpington nor Araucana are known to be.

So Ayam Cemani mix or Svart Hona mix would be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom