5 week old Orpington, Pullet or Cockerel?

no you did not i can tell ur lying cause the book says in some breed msot commonly known breed females have longer wing see it dose not work on all breed but ti sure works on common stANDARD LOOK CHICKEN
Okay well I have raised babies into adults, and I can comfirm it does not work on all standard breeds. It only works when the parents are a fast feathering male with a slow feathering female

no you did not i can tell ur lying cause the book says in some breed msot commonly known breed females have longer wing see it dose not work on all breed but ti sure works on common stANDARD LOOK CHICKEN
Are you saying I haven’t raised chicks?
How are you in any place to claim that?
Books don’t say that.
Site at least one responsible source, please.

Are you saying I haven’t raised chicks?
How are you in any place to claim that?
Books don’t say that.
Site at least one responsible source, please.
Yes they do i raised chick okay in straight run mixture i pick the longer wings and i alaways get pullets thats how i know i read beckys starter book and it syas on common standard looking breeds ex: rhode island red they will have longer has there young i have WATCHED WITH MY OWN EYES and i have never gotten a rooster because i pick the longer wings and tail. Please dont argue with me i assure i kow what im saying when it comes to sexing standard breeds. i have seen for 5 years and never gotten a rooster from straight run mixes.

uhh he did so you can not make asummption i lied about saying that there was a half peacoke chicken hybrid but i did not lie about the mateing im sorry
Thank you for admitting to lying about there being a hybrid.

I think that was a claim to be telling the truth.
"...you can not make assumption I lied..."

Punctuation really does help to make things clearer :rolleyes:

I had read it like this
Uhh he did so you can not make an asummption. I lied about saying that there was a half peacock chicken hybrid, but I did not lie about the mating. I'm sorry.
But I agree punctuation makes all the difference.

BwE_JxLIMAAOoER.jpg

This book?
https://www.amazon.com/Beckys-Guide-Raising-Backyard-Chickens/dp/1697601723
"Beck's Guide to Raising Backyard Chickens"

I have not personally read that book, so I do not know how accurate the information is. But I do know that books can have mistakes in them (I just don't know about this one in particular.)
I haven't read Becky's book but she has raised chickens for a long time, although I think it's safe to assume @HFFFluvmychicksandchicken probably misunderstood her phrasing as sometimes she phrases things weirdly, like one time she made it sound like she thought the eggyolk was the actual baby chick, but in the comments of that video she clarified. OR maybe she did make a mistake and herself misunderstood how wing sexing works.

The problem with a book is it's not personal learned experience. The problem with experience is everyone experiences different experiences.
Exactly. @HFFFluvmychicksandchicken how many chicks from DIFFERENT parents, have you sexed with that method? Maybe you got lucky, because it only works when the father is fast feathering and the mother is slow feathering.

Back
Top Bottom