5 week old pullet Wheezing, how can I help her?

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
Hello,
So my 6 week old pullet seems to be wheezing, just a slight whistle when she is breathing. She is still in a brooder with pine shavings. We have had nice weather the last few days so I let her outside for a couple of hours in a pen with water and treats. She is pooping, eating and drinking fine, and seems happy, I am just worried about this wheezing, I don't want it to turn into something worse. Also she has some scratches on her toes, and even lost a scale on her toe, but I think she is catching her right toe nail on her left toes (She had a deformed foot that looks fine now, but seems turned inward a little.)

Any Ideas?

Hmm, I think I would maybe provide her with some vitamins/electrolites in her drinking water. Is there any nasal discharge or does her breathing sound mucousy? If you think it does, then you could put some duramayacin powder in her drinking water, as she could have a respiratory infection (or air sac infection).

In regards to the toe nails, maybe you could just keep them trimmed since she's got a foot that points inwards.

Good luck with your little pullet!
Sharon

Back
Top Bottom