****5 wks old and resistance is futile..pics..***

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
Patsy used to let the tiny baby chicks crawl all over her. Then they got bigger so she'd only tolerate 1 or 2 on her at a time. This morning (before I had the camera in my hand, darn it) she had 5 sitting on her. I'm sure I'll get pictures of that many sometime soon, but till then, I think this is so cute:
55921_rest1.jpg

55921_rest2.jpg

55921_rest3.jpg

Her resistance was futile; I don't know if she thinks they are dogs, but I'm pretty sure that they think she's a really big chicken!

Last edited:
She's had her head in the brooder just about all day; we're hatching pheasants and I think we're going to have 12. She looks really happy to have 'babies' again. I don't think she'll get to snuggle with these, though.

Well....she could cuddle the pheasants but they are going to an aviary on our property about 3 miles away; the chicks in the pictures are in the back yard at our house. From what I understand, pheasants can run really fast and start to fly early and I have no where else to put them here at the house. Notice I said 'an' aviary instead of 'the' aviary; it isn't built yet....

Quote:
Oh yes, as a matter of fact about 10 of them! All the SLWs were 'packing peanuts' from Ideal. We'll be keeping a couple for our other chickens at the bay property and the others....well, we'll see.....

Back
Top Bottom