50 Birds murdered and not eaten(Graphic Pics) Caught me a killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear!
sad.png

Some have bite wounds--some are just dead. The exterior is surrounded by 6' fencing and the run has wire and aviary netting--so it definitely was not a dog--unless he climbed the wall and the fence. But thank you. The babies may be the result of being trampled--but there was a wing and an unrelated torso in another part of the run--all of the entrails and most of the carcass eaten. It appears it came--it ate its fill and then just murdered for the sport or was teaching its babies how to kill. I am sick to my stomach and I was planning on thinning the flock this week--but not like this. Be careful what you wish for...

Coons will eat the crop and move to another kill. dog kill for fun wild predators eat some of all they kill. They may just eat only a part they like.

some recommendations fox, badger, etc. best thing would be to put electric fence. Or a new device called fox frightner which lights up red when a fox goes by scaring it. It is so tragic i would be really annoyed if that happened me. A fox got my award winning hen once i was really annoyed still havent caught it

Guessing Coon. Mostly because of musky smell, and the fact the animal killed at night, and didn't alarm you. A dog causes quite the ruckuss, and usually mor blood involved. Were they stacked at all or completely random. I suppose bobcat is also another option, but they aren't musky like a coon.

Join The I
somad.gif
Coons Club
Just Kidding
Probably Dogs
Oh and by the way are there any neighbors who hate your chickens?

This sounds/looks like the work of a weasel/mink. I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom