$.50 cent hens and roos in NH *pics* added

Darn....

...a few months too early, and several thousands of miles in between....

I agree with most of the posters.... I need an opportunity like this in April, and close to Jacksonville, FL.

Your doing a good deed posting and trying to re-home these chickadees... Thank You, from a fellow rescuer....

Those hens are sooooo beautiful
love.gif

I'd really like to get some of those hens.. I really need to build back up my flock. I'm all the way in Spfld, MA... about 2 1/2 hrs. Anyone want to road trip with me? I saw someone from Agawam on here..

tongue.png
=-)
Robin

Oh, I am soo pleased there might be someone to help these birds. Please keep in mind, before you make exhaustive plans, to get her number from me, and contact her directly. Also, remember that there are signs of frostbite on all the roos that I saw, and probably any hen that didnt have a pea comb or smaller. I didnt see any major current injuries, but I did see a few missing toes. The flock was pretty flighty, and didnt stand still for a visual exam!
hmm.png

I just wouldnt want you to come all this way, and be surprised.

I wish I had known about these birds sooner, I would have brought them to west springfield, when I came down to the NE congress! Sheesh!

I hope you do come up, they are a really pretty flock!

Love those blues. Wish I was closer as I would surely take a few of them home with me. The blues are possibly Andalusian crosses. I have some in my flock that a 1/4 Andalusian that look a lot like that. One lays a white egg and one lays a brown egg so I think it just depends on the other breeds in the mix. Their sire was 1/2 Andalusian and 1/ 2 Maran and the mother was total mix with some EE, some Barred Rock, and other breeds in generations back.

They look like they might have some game mixed in them with would explain the flightyness in them . They have frostbite from the temps and not having good housing . Some of thise hens would look great in my yard !!!

Back
Top Bottom