55 Flowery Hen?

Did you change your mind on her laying an egg? I saw the notification but I don't see the post anymore? 6 1/2 weeks seems pretty young to lay an egg, and I think they should be brown not blue.

Last edited:
Looks like a cockerel for sure.
Pic one sure doesnt look like a 55 flowery cockerel chick though.
I'm convinced it is a cockerel but not convinced it is the breed or pure breed of what it was sold as.

Confused about the above post but no 6 1/2 week old chicken can be laying.

This is the email notice I got but I don't see the post anywhere:

BackYard Chickens ([email protected])To:you Details
BackYard Chickens
Enchanted1s replied to a thread you are watching at BackYard Chickens.

55 Flowery Hen?

OK - Sometime last night - between 9pm and 6am - Littlebit laid a Blue shelled egg, in the coop. I found it broken on the floor this morning. THEN sometime today, she laid ANOTHER Blue shelled egg - in the nest box.
View This Thread Unread Watched Threads
OK - now I get it! I had put that post in the wrong thread (here) and then deleted it and reposted it in the correct thread - about my Crested Cream Legbar hen (LittleBit) that just started laying. She is 23 weeks, just started laying this week and has been laying two a day! Some shell-less, some blue shelled. Sorry for the confusion - I deleted it right away.

Last edited:
That was my fault! I should have realized you deleted it, duh. Sorry.

OK - now I get it! I had put that post in the wrong thread (here) and then deleted it and reposted it in the correct thread - about my Crested Cream Legbar hen (LittleBit) that just started laying. She is 23 weeks. Sorry for the confusion - I deleted it right away.

Back
Top Bottom