6 1/2 week old Sicilian Buttercup? Golden Spangled Hamburg?

rosemarythyme

Scarborough Fair
7 Years
Jul 3, 2016
WA, Pac NW
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, new poster here and new to chickens as well, as this is my first flock. I've gotten so much info from browsing the forums but now I need some help. I went to the feed store today to pick up a Welsummer and ended up getting this chick as well. The lady at the store identified it as a Sicilian Buttercup, approximately 6 1/2 weeks old, but once I got home and looked around online, I'm not sure if that's correct as there's no comb development at all. Off the top of my head from the other breeds they had available, a Golden Spangled Hamburg was the only other one that might sort of be this color, I think?

Can anyone ID the breed and possibly take a guess at the gender as well? The comb is pinkish but all the similar looking chicks that were at the store had the same type of comb. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the welcome and response. Didn't think it was a Hamburg (the lady at the store pointed out what she thought were Hamburgs, though once again that's assuming she was right) but since I remember that being a breed available at the store, I thought it might be a possibility. My husband wondered if Easter Egger was a possibility but I don't recall them having any in stock for sale.

welcome-byc.gif

She's a clean faced Easter egger, or possibly just a mixed breed with that straight comb. but a Buttercup has a buttercup comb, and different coloring. Hamburgs have rose combs and again, different coloring.

Thanks so much for the replies! I honestly don't remember Easter Eggers on the store's price list but hubby remembered fliers on the wall showing the breeds they'd gotten in this year and he kept saying that had to be it. And the coloring did look a little to me like some EE photos I've seen on this site.

Well I don't mind her not being a buttercup. I'm more relieved that the consensus so far seems to be pullet.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom