6 Button quial eggs go on LOCK DOWN TODAY !!

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
Im hoping they hatch, after a big temp. spike and a drop in humidity on day 12 . .. . .
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

They are pretty hardie little hatchers.... just make sure when you hatch them you keep them in an escape proof brooder. I had the little buggers fly out at night and was awoke to WAAAAAHHHHH WHOOOP, WHAAAAA WOOOP WEEE WEEE WEEE..... under my bed,...... down the hall........ and under the couch. Fun at 1 in the morning chasing baby buttons .....with flash lights... HEHE

anyone know how to tell if the eggs are alive, If i take off the lid of the incubator and smell the LID it smells, but if i smell the EGGS it smells like steam ( not rotten )

The reason being i have the little yellow incubator and the more duds i remove the more space the chicks will have, and after multiple temp spikes and a 110 degree day coming . . . I want to know

and i cant candle b/c I just dont have a strong enough flashlight

Last edited:
Yep, today...
big_smile.png
I forgot all about them, they are nestled in between some of my Silkies eggs I stuck in the bottom bator.... until I herd it peeping, then I was oh, that's what's making that noise. they are hardy little things, as I forgot to do a lot of turning... hehe

OMG!! if any of these eggs hatch it will be a miracle !! NO GRANDMA ITS NOT HOT AT 7 IN THE MORNING !!! SO U DONT HAVE TO OPEN EVERY WINDOW !!!

droppped my incubators temp to 92 . . .. . . . . .. .gr .. . ..

Back
Top Bottom