6 Day old duckling stung by a bee??

Dangtheduck

Hatching
Apr 9, 2022
One of my ducklings caught a bee and was stung on the roof of his mouth. He was shaking his head back and forth and I was able to get the stinger out, he seems fine after that. But this was only about 20 min ago. Can ducklings handle bee stings? The avian vet said to monitor him, which I am. He seems fine but my bird mom brain is still very worried. Has anyone else had this happen??

Update: it’s been about an hour since the sting and he’s now bleeding from his behind :/ he came to us with a swollen vent so I have been gently cleaning him with a paper towel and warm water every couple hours to make sure he doesn’t get crusted up. I’m not sure if this is related to the sting? I just gently wiped him down and he started bleeding quite a bit. He doesn’t have blood in his poop though?

Last edited:
As long as he isn't having swelling where he can't breathe he should be fine. There is Benedryl for children but I am not sure what the dose would be for a 6-day old duckling. I'd just do as the vet says and monitor him for now.

Back
Top Bottom