6 month old hen stumbling, not standing or walking

I had a similar situation recently. I was sure the bird would die but it didn't! I kept it in the warmth and made sure it had its favorite treats to encourage her to eat. I wouldn't doubt that I have Mareks in the flock but they must be resistant. Chickens can have so many things wrong with them and we never know exactly what it is.
Good luck and hope yours survives too.

Update: she never improved. Found her laying in her hospital cage today with leg stretched out and she must’ve spilled her water as she was soaking wet underneath. We took her out, and her belly looked like it was starting to rot :( I had been hand feeding and giving her water daily but yesterday she refused to eat. She had basically been sitting the whole week and doing nothing. I took her out daily to try to have her walk and she would always just stumble forward and today was no different. She literally fell over. It was very sad. So my husband took her out back and put her out of her misery... it was a sad day in our house today. Thanks for all the responses.

Back
Top Bottom