6 month old leghorn pullet violently attacking me worse than rooster

Pics
Things are so weird lately, why not chickens also, next we’ll be hearing they are trans gender 😝🙂😃😄
Chickens HAVE been found that have some traits of each gender.

There was a thread on here a while ago about a puzzling one, and the last update was that the bird had died, been necropsied, and had two kinds of reproductive organs. (I don't think either set was fully functional, but both were present.)

In OP's case, the chicken has a female-specific color pattern, which can exist only on hens and on hen-feathered roosters.

And OP says it lays eggs, which would definitely mean it is female.

My best guess is that the chicken in question is just a weird hen pullet, or possibly a hen pullet with a hormone issue (causing some male behaviors.)

[Edited to change "hen" to "pullet," because I was careless and used the wrong word.]

Last edited:

There was a thread on here a while ago about a puzzling one, and the last update was that the bird had died, been necropsied, and had two kinds of reproductive organs. (I don't think either set was fully functional, but both were present.)

In OP's case, the chicken has a female-specific color pattern, which can exist only on hens and on hen-feathered roosters.

My best guess is that the chicken in question is just a weird hen, or possibly a hen with a hormone issue (causing some male behaviors.)

Couldn't have said it better

This area looks sus, what do you all think?
Some birds can get pointed looking saddles, especially with certain colors that may make them look more pointed than they are in actuallity. One of my hens I mentioned earlier had sharp feathers. Still 100% only female

My best guess is that the chicken in question is just a weird hen, or possibly a hen with a hormone issue (causing some male behaviors.)
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom