6 + paint silkie eggs from best in show and others (seeupdate post 1)

Quote:
sorry but thats a big no no.

He doesn't do it anymore. He jsut wanted to see what would happen. I think he told me he tried all the colors.
I have used white,blk,and blue and gotten paints but I think blk is best.

Quote:
he is a paint. I know there is alot to learn about paint so I'm not about to say you can't get paint from paint over blue or splash. I don't think it's been proven yet that you can't.

Actually, it has been proven in Europe that both blue and splash paints are possible. It is documented in Sigrid's book, along with photos. With a single copy of blue you get blue spots on a white background. I do not recall exactly what she said about splash, and the book it not right at hand to look it up. I have bred dun paints, white with dun spots, as an experiment. They are on silkieX birds, and I did not continue past seeing what I would get--too many other projects to add another right now.

Quote:

He doesn't do it anymore. He jsut wanted to see what would happen. I think he told me he tried all the colors.
I have used white,blk,and blue and gotten paints but I think blk is best.

I'd like to know why it is "a big no no"? One poultry geneticist specifically suggested breeding a paint to a partridge for help in determining some of the genetics of paint. Predictions did not pan out and the parrtidge and I believe all offspring were sold; the offspring being sold as PQ, I believe. This was not a male, so obviously a different person. FWIW, I supplied the partridge cockerel for that experiment.

Quote:

How dare him breed those paints to partridge... I bet he kept one of the partridge offspring also to see if it throws paints... sicko rule breaker...

Quote:

How dare him breed those paints to partridge... I bet he kept one of the partridge offspring also to see if it throws paints... sicko rule breaker...

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:

yuckyuck.gif

X2

My paint roo shows some of the dunn coloring and has only 2 small spots in his tale and 1 small spot in the wing, and so far I have gotten AWESOME babies out of him with may nice spots when I bed him to my black hens. I cant remember who I got the roo from originally as a baby it could have possibly been jen (hangs head in shame that I accidentally deleted the post and now cant remember) but these roos can and DO produce nice babies. Here is mine:

78_paint_roo_003.jpg

and his babies:

78_1st_paint_at_3_weeks_021.jpg

78_paint_chickie_003.jpg

this last pic got kinda washed out by the flash but you can still see the spots:

78_baby_paints_006.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom