6 week Barred Rock -hen or roo

Montana-Hens

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Buxton, Montana
6wk-br.jpg

This barred rock is giving me pause. It should be easy but hmmmmm. It is 6 weeks old, but the comb is pinking up too soon, while the feather color says girl. Looking for your opinions.

Hi,
I have three PBRocks and two look like your hen. See my site to see the rooster. His comb came in two weeks ahead of theirs. I think you've got a hen. Did yours come from Ohio? Maybe we have siblings.

hey,
like souffle my barred rocks are just the same. my girls stayed darker and my, used to be Joan Jet, is now for sure Jet Lee. he is the same he is patterned the same but almost a grey instead of black and white and his comb is a bit different shaped at the back of it. but all three are pink in color( combs)
good luck..
out of the 12 Pullets I bought . 2 for sure are roos and still wondering about one of the dark Brahmas? not to bad I don't guess though..

)O(
Pink

I think you're safe too
smile.png
Went back to look at my six week pics and my barred rock girl's comb was pinking up moreso than any of my other breeds...looks pretty similar to yours (although I couldn't find a good shot of whether her wattles were turning).

yours looks like 1 of my 4 BR's...... I was questioning the same thing the past couple days..... this particular one of mine is making some FUNNY sounds too..... guess we will have to both wait and see to know for sure...

Back
Top Bottom