6 week old chick with wing injury~worry wart mom here

Tamato

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Lake County, Florida
Hi everyone! Ok, I went outside this morning to check on my babies and noticed that my little "spider" didn't come running when I called. She was standing there with her wing hanging down and not her sweet little self.
sad.png
She also had a little scratch on her leg. She wasn't interested in eating much either. I searched the posts for wing injuries and what to do about them so I found some self adhering ace wrap and wrapped her wing up close to her body (not too tight) and left her good wing out for balance. I kept her in with the other chicks but in a large tub so that she wouldn't be bothered much but I put her back with them when it got dark so she could snuggle up. Between me and my 8 year old daughter, little spider has been pretty spoiled today.
hugs.gif
We made sure that she was eating and drinking but I still worry too much. Is there anything else that I could be doing? It's like having a sick child that is to young to tell you what is wrong! Thanks in advance for any advice! Although I am addicted to BYC already I am SO glad it's here!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom