6 week old mixed breed chicks

tao chick

Songster
6 Years
May 20, 2015
Herkimer County, NY
The possible parentage of these guys/gals include black orpington, gray orpington, easter egger, rhode island red/ golden comet cross, and maybe barred rock. I know they are 6 weeks old. Any gender guesses?
1:

The possible parentage of these guys/gals include black orpington, gray orpington, easter egger, rhode island red/ golden comet cross, and maybe barred rock. I know they are 6 weeks old. Any gender guesses?
1:

Are these two different birds or two photos of the same bird? Both photos show a pullet at this point.

The roos in the flock I got them from are one black orpington and one easter egger. The ladies are the red/comet, easter egger, orpington, and mystery or rocks.

Sorry, I was putting each chick in a different reply (each with two pics of the same chick) so that I could number them without overwhelming the thread. I guess I achieved the opposite. #1 is the black chick with red chest. #2 is the white chick with the red head. #3 is the white chick. #4/5/6 are all black with bits of white and are in this reply.
4:

5:

And finally #6: Very similar to #4

No need to apologize - it makes sense now that I see what you were doing.

4, 5 and 6 all give me pause -- 1, 2 and 3 all look to be pullets at this point.

Back
Top Bottom