6+ Wheaten/Barred Wheaten Shamo Eggs

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Up for auction are 6+ ( 6 minimum, 10 maximum ) Wheaten/Barred Wheaten Shamo hatching eggs.

These eggs come from a pair of Barred Wheaten and Wheaten O-Shamos ( the largest variety of Shamo ) from Jim Zook lines. The eggs you receive will hatch out at a 50/50 of either straight or barred Wheaten color varieties, though other colors have popped up before in breeding Shamos.

5404994941_92d04cb02b_o.jpg

5405010527_a72cba25bb.jpg

5405007257_9524cdcb19_z.jpg

5405051690_4c4fe68f5f.jpg

5405046248_7d365f4dba.jpg

Despite their menacing appearance and origin as a fighting bird, Shamos are an extremely friendly and calm breed towards people; in my opinion among the most loyal and tame of breeds, however males do not fare well together and will fight to the death. They are a very large, tall, well muscled breed with "hard feathering" - whereas the feathers are firmly pressed against their body instead of appearing fluffy, which outlines their form quite well. They are extremely heat hardy, very protective of their flock, and good foragers. They're also quite broody and make excellent mothers. Shamos are however a large and slow maturing breed, which need plenty room to roam and wide perches to sleep on to prevent injury or bending of the breast bone and/or legs. A cock's height may easily reach over 28 inches tall, and he will easily weigh over 10 lbs at adulthood.

Shamos are an excellent choice for anyone who wants something different and who wants a great "pet" like chicken! We raise and breed ours for preservation and love of the breed, NOT for fighting.

I accept payment via PayPal. At the end of the auction, the eggs will be shipped to the winning bidder on Tuesday, February 8th.

Good Luck!
smile.png

This here is what happened when my frizzled Tolbunt Polish met my Shamo stag.
wink.png

5406314495_ede3585500.jpg

They did not get hurt though, and ironically the Polish started it. . .

But, generally speaking, if there is a fence between the two, it is best that the fence has very small holes or is double-done, with a small space in between so they cannot actually make contact. Otherwise, they can indeed hurt each others faces when fence fighting.

But, other than that, they do well with other breeds. I have a few hens who are running around loose with the Shamos, and nothing bad has ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom