I think you can get cream without pasturizing, I just choose to pasturize. I made the butter in my mixer when I took out of freezer and let sit till It thawed. I mixed and mixed, my first time, and then turned real thick. I put the stuff in the fridge, it got too warm. then after a few hours I took it out and put back in the mixer and Whooosh! I had butter! It was really fun.

Yep you can make butter from goats milk. If you can find a cream separator its easier but you can do like zatsdeb and skim also after a day or so it floats up. If you run the doe with a buck her milk will taste goaty like him ...not good anyway, Bucks are hard on does and can cause them to miscarry also.Some do it with no problems but I just dont. Yep what goats eat affects their milk.So you want to keep their feed the same and hay also. Goat butter isnt like cow butter its while. I personally like goats milk better than cows milk. Mine you cant tell the difference. Goats milk is naturally homogenized and that is why its harder to get the cream from it and takes longer to float up.

Back
Top Bottom