7.5 Week old Blue Red Laced Wyandotte tucking head in wing

AmooseReally

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2023
So recently my pullet 1 out of the 6 has been acting a bit more less active? She only eats if I bring food to her she doesn't go to the feeder always like the rest of her friends, she seemed sleepy a lot every-time I grabbed her she'd just close her eyes, or i'd see her roosting somewhere on something just resting and closing her eyes. I had to forcefully feed her to make sure she doesn't get too hungry. I've seen this behavior before on one of my barred rocks they'd just tuck their head back like a chicken who's feeling cold even when it's not cold before when they were around 12 weeks old, eventually even she got back to normal after a couple days? Should I not worry? Besides this my BLR Wyandotte pullet seems fine it's just she seemed more interested in resting than doing anything else like her friends. I saw her resting close to with one of my older RIR (11 month old ) hen and I'm surprised they got along because those guys are aggressive.

What's their diet?
What do her poops look like like?
How's her crop feel?
I've just been feeding her growth feed just like her 5 other sisters, her poop I'll have to keep an eye on her since it's hard to tell who pooped what. Her crop felt normal it's just that she definitely isn't eating as much as the others.

Back
Top Bottom