7 month old pullet has NEVER laid and egg.

Kataloo

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
Utah
I have a Easter Egger who was hatched around St. Patricks day, making her about 7 months old. She has yet to lay an egg. I don't think there is anything I can do but wait. I have even threatened her with the stew pot :) but she just doesn't seem mature enough yet. Her comb is red, but not as deep red as the other EE. She doesn't do the submissive squat like the other hens do.

Any comments or advice?

Sorry I am slow to get back to this. Life has been hectic. But here are some pictures of "Polly Belle" What do you think?

i have had pullets not lay till ten months- it happens, each bird is different- i have a pair of Jersey Giants, same age, one started laying a couple weeks ago, her sister hasn't laid yet- it happens sometimes- they are 8 months old. Is your girl squating yet? Your girl is starting to get pink, so she's on her way

She was starting to squat a month ago. She hasn't for several weeks now. Crazy girl. I will be patient. I am hoping from some pretty eggs from this chicken, so watch her lay white eggs.

My red star just started laying at 7 to 8 months and I'm still waiting for my E.E to lay. (Both the same age)
This is my EE

This was taken last month when she was 7 months old. My hen squats too. I'm just waiting for her pretty eggs. All you can really do is wait :) I didn't get my chickens for eggs just to raise for pets. the eggs are just a added advantage

Back
Top Bottom