7 week old chick crop issues

darrmp4

Hatching
Jun 14, 2021
Hello!!
I've ordered two Mystic Marans and one of them has developed beautifully and with no issues. The first time I noticed any issues with her sister was when she was about 2 weeks old. I noticed her crop being larger than normal and I was hopeful that it would flatten overnight. To keep this post short, I've tried every remedy (epsom salt, fungal cream, olive oil massage, fasts, different diets). Her crop felt squishy but I could see feel the contents. When time when on, it felt as if her crop was filled with air. I even performed crop surgery on her and its been 3 days since. Her crop still feels that it is filled with air even though I know I removed as much from her crop as possible. Also, I believe her wound is infected so I have been cleaning it with saline solution and applying Neosporin. I'm very confused as to what her condition may be and what I can do to help her. This process in trying to help her crop become completely flat has been going on for a long time so please feel free to ask any additional questions. She acts like any other chick and if her crop wasn't so obviously large and if she wasn't as underdeveloped, no one could suspect anything.

Filled with a lot of fluid, some strands of grass, chick starter, etc. No impaction and there was no smell.

Back
Top Bottom