7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. cutiekk17

cutiekk17 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2015
    New York
    I'll look for a pinhole. There is a reset button but it doesn't seem to reset the days, it only resets the 2 hour countdown clock for the egg turners. I think its supposed to reset the days because that's what the manual says but i dont think its working. I've pressed and held the reset button as well but to no avail. I unplugged it for about a minute and plugged it back in...still no change! What a weird problem to be having. I bet there's some simple solution to it that i just cant seem to find. Maybe my fiance can figure it out for me when he gets home from work.

2. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Suggestion 2: Ignore the stupid day counter and use a calendar.

3. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

I'd go with 3 of each, you know, just in case there are roosters in the batch.

4. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    They came from Michigan. I don't know how many are rir, riw or Browns but i am supposed to have the possibility of getting all 3 types in this group [​IMG]
    I have them resting a little while longer before I put them in the bator. Check out that huge double yolker in the back! Poor hen probably have herself a hemorrhoid getting that out lol. I'm going to put in in the bator too but I won't hold my breath.
    [​IMG]

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    If pressing the reset button does not work to reset the countdown, press and hold it for at least 10 seconds.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. cutiekk17

cutiekk17 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2015
    New York
    Thats what is going to happen!
    I pressed it for 30 seconds just to make sure! Still nada. lol! I'm just going to go with gerneraldsherman's advice and ignore it, i just hope it doesn't do anything wacky later!

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

Nope. Very easy. I just had to plug up some extra holes that were left from the Original thermostat.

8. simplestupid

simplestupid Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2015
    Hello everyone, as promised I have taken pictures of my incubator set-up for the 2016 Hatch Along. As you can see in the pics, I have set my eggs for the hatch. The incubator set-up consists of a Hova-Bator incubator which I have modified with a large viewing window and a 12 Volt incukit from Incubator Warehouse. I also use a automatic Humidity control system from the same supplier. Before setting the eggs, I weigh each egg and record the weight. By doing so I am able to check for the 11-13% weight loss at day 18 and know if the humidity level was correct. I set the humidity at 55-65% with a temp of 99.9 degrees for the first 18 days and will lower the temp to 99.5 the last 3 days. I will also be raising the humidity up to a level of 75-85% while the chicks get into position during those last 3 days. I will post pics of candling the eggs on the seventh day with info about the pics. I wish everyone a successful and rewarding New Years Hatch.
    P.S. Pilgrim the Thanksgiving Bird is doing great and just about ready for her first flight. Thank You for reading and your replies. Sincerely, Jeffrey Williams[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    It looks great!!!! My hydrometer in the incu therm went bad..... right now it's showing 10% when in fact it's actually 25%.....dry no water.

10. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    LOL, I wish I could!! We are building a bigger coop - it should be ready by the time these chicks grow up, but silly question....how many chickens do we really need?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by