7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Weekends are really hard for me to stay active on BYC. But I'll be back full force this week. I'm at 48 hours. Candled the eggs but couldn't see anything yet. Will try again tomorrow night. I'm hoping they are fertile. And I'm collecting more eggs already!!

This is a good thing, because you know what we do here!

SET ALL THE EGGS!

I am joining in! I put 6 painted silkie eggs into my incubator! Hopefully they are fertile! I will get my answer soon enough!

Silkies are fun. A friend of mine gave me a box full of eggs his brother in law did not want. Picked the best of them to incubate. Six of them hatched two of which were naked necks. I've since given them back to my friend and he's still raising them with his kids.
Good luck with your hatch.

Incubator warehouse is amazing!! It's like being a kid in a candy store.
ya.gif
Or at least that's how I feel...lol. And I haven't even bought anything yet!

I'm sure your hatch will go well. And then you'll get chicks...and be forever hooked.
woot.gif

Oh oh, like a kid in a candy store? I'm already tempted to look at that bator!! Might as well. :)

Going to check it out tonight.

I know! My eggs where set on Thursday. I Really want to candle... But I really should wait for day 7

I will wait until day 7 too.

Yea, that is it!

I will do the sniff test though. I hate it when eggs start to ooze in the bator.

I will wait until day 7 too.

Yea, that is it!

I will do the sniff test though. I hate it when eggs start to ooze in the bator.

Yes, I've had a few of those through the years.   Good to get those outta there! 

I had an oozer last hatch... It was so gross. I had candled it like, half an hour before and it looked great... Veining and the embryo was wiggling

Back
Top Bottom