7th Annual New Years Day Hatch-a-long contest number 6 Gingerbread Contest

My five year old and I made a gingerbread house today (from a kit). Obviously not winning any prizes, but we had fun
1f609.png

The front

Roof

Roof

Proud little man!

Two second after the house was finished
1f602.png
. He had a lot of fun. It has been raining non stop this week, so this gave us a good indoor activitie.
That is precious!

I may need to do that with my 4 year old this week... that's an awesome idea and looks like tons of fun.

He had a lot of fun. I totally recommend doing it. They don't care how it looks, they just have fun doing it!

@Alice28
 throw a couple of plastic eggs or jelly beans in there to meet the "chicken" requirement and enter it!  He did so well, and it's adorable!

He already ate it. He pretended the three little blue candies by the door where blue duck eggs, that was fine for him! Haha.

Wait, two blue, one purple candy. We just had fun making it. We did a little glob of frosting for their nest
1f602.png

Last edited:
@Alice28 you're little guy did a wonderful job! You two must have had a lot of fun with that
clap.gif
A great activity to do together!

@Alice28
 you're little guy did a wonderful job! You two must have had a lot of fun with that :clap  A great activity to do together!

Thank you. I'm glad we did it and thank you for posting about it on the baking thread. I wasn't going to do one, but glad I did. He thought it was great.

All 8 kids from small to big loved decorating gingerbread houses. We put all the leaves in the dining room table. And removed the chairs. I put bowls of icing, colored icing in decorating bags and dozens of different shaped sprinkles. Glued to a sturdy plate with icing, each kid iced and decorated their own, sprinkled with dried coconut for snow and took them home.

I made huge batches of gingerbread from scratch, cut them out, baked them and glued them together with melted sugar. Doing it all ahead of time saves worlds of trouble. Those things stay together even if dropped when assembled with melted sugar.

The dogs were on hand to help clean up any dropped bits.

I have the houses baked but not glued yet to do with grsndkids. :)

All 8 kids from small to big loved decorating gingerbread houses. We put all the leaves in the dining room table. And removed the chairs. I put bowls of icing, colored icing in decorating bags and dozens of different shaped sprinkles. Glued to a sturdy plate with icing, each kid iced and decorated their own, sprinkled with dried coconut for snow and took them home.

I made huge batches of gingerbread from scratch, cut them out, baked them and glued them together with melted sugar. Doing it all ahead of time saves worlds of trouble. Those things stay together even if dropped when assembled with melted sugar.

The dogs were on hand to help clean up any dropped bits.

I have the houses baked but not glued yet to do with grsndkids.
smile.png

Sounds like a great deal of fun for everyone...bet the kids will remember those parties for a long time!

Back
Top Bottom