8 month old chicken breed?

frostic

Songster
Mar 7, 2018
Lake elsinore California
My Coop
My Coop
So I got an 8 month old chicken that I got at a feed store and they told me she was an
easter egger but i now know that was CRAP lol

It is so hard to get pics of her. they always suck bad.

here is pics over time how she progressed. now shes full grown and can't tell what kind she is.

This is the best pictures i can get with a trash throw away phone i have so don't ask for better pictures unless you buy me a camera first :p

IMG_20200626_161107.jpg

IMG_20200721_155041.jpg

IMG_20200829_122147.jpg

IMG_20201212_161844.jpg

IMG_20201212_161725.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_161844.jpg
    IMG_20201212_161844.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 3
I would say she is an easter egger. Looks like my Pearl. Has she started laying yet?

no. i wish. she just started getting a bigger vent. its still very small but can see it getting bigger now.

her face and head is HUGE I don't see any Easter eggers with so many feathers and huge cheeks. and head on google or any that look like her at all.
ill try to get a better picture because it is getting dark. shes hard to catch in the day. shes super fast and strong. not a chicken you like to pick up because she will kick the eggs outta you lol

She looks like an Easter egger to me. But I’m not an expert. She has the cheek puffs and it looks like a pea comb. I have female olive eggers, which I’m told are just the same as EEs, and she looks similar. Just different coloring.

no. i wish. she just started getting a bigger vent. its still very small but can see it getting bigger now.

her face and head is HUGE I don't see any Easter eggers with so many feathers and huge cheeks. and head on google or any that look like her at all.
ill try to get a better picture because it is getting dark. shes hard to catch in the day. shes super fast and strong. not a chicken you like to pick up because she will kick the eggs outta you lol
You don't see EEs with fluffy cheeks?!?!??!?!! @TheOddOneOut @CHlCKEN please provide the necessary boof pics.

She looks like an Easter egger to me. But I’m not an expert. She has the cheek puffs and it looks like a pea comb. I have female olive eggers, which I’m told are just the same as EEs, and she looks similar. Just different coloring.
Female olive eggers aren't the same as EEs, as they are guaranteed to lay olive because they are crossed from a dark layer (usually marans) and a blue layer (usually ameraucana or legbar).

Almost all my EEs have big cheeks, only 2 out of the 16 don’t have cheeks. This is my Pearl that sort of looks like yours and she is the biggest of all my EEs:
B33404D8-3942-4A5A-9D8C-8A991BDA3033.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom