8 week old Polish missing a toenail..Can she still be showed? (Pics)

Quote:
The quality of the lacing may or may not suggest a bird came from a hatchery, anyone came breed a poorly marked bird to produce another poor specimen....More likely the hatchery question was a product of the missing toenail. Missing toenails are prevalent in certain hatchery stock and can be the result of severe inbreeding or just plain BAD genetic stock...Most times a bird is exhibited with a missing toenail the judge will automatically drop it out of the top of the class, regardless of the actual point deductions....Most judges see a genetically deficient bird/hatchery bird as "not worthy to compete"...and a missing toenail is a sure sign that the bird is Sub-Par...Right or Wrong...4H classes may not be as harsh....JMO

()relics :

Quote:
The quality of the lacing may or may not suggest a bird came from a hatchery, anyone came breed a poorly marked bird to produce another poor specimen....More likely the hatchery question was a product of the missing toenail. Missing toenails are prevalent in certain hatchery stock and can be the result of severe inbreeding or just plain BAD genetic stock...Most times a bird is exhibited with a missing toenail the judge will automatically drop it out of the top of the class, regardless of the actual point deductions....Most judges see a genetically deficient bird/hatchery bird as "not worthy to compete"...and a missing toenail is a sure sign that the bird is Sub-Par...Right or Wrong...4H classes may not be as harsh....JMO

missing toenails can be from other things as well. I have a chick that got it's toes bitten through the wire (squirrel/rat?), I have heard of silkies losing toe nails as chicks due to caked poop.​

My silkie rooster has torn off two toenails so far and is growing both back. He is determined to destroy his feet before I show him so I sure hope judges don't care about toenails!!!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom