80 young roos rescued and in need of homes - New York

jjthink

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 17, 2007
New Jersey
Please keep this thread hopping so folks see it in time. This is a heavy lift, for them to find good homes for that many roos...
Thanks!
frow.gif

JJ

28 September 2009
Woodstock Sanctuary Needs Home for 94 Rescued Roosters – Help!

Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary took in, via the ASPCA, 94 young roosters seized from an illegal slaughterhouse in New York City. The ASPCA mistakenly proclaimed all of the birds to be hens. Woodstock is DESPERATE to find homes for these birds. Possible homes have been located for about 14 birds, which leaves 80 ADORABLE young roosters who need to be adopted.

If you or anyone you know can adopt one or more of these roosters, please contact:

Jenny Brown, Director
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
Woodstock, NY 12498
Phone: 845-679-5955
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.WoodstockSanctuary.org <http://www.Woodstockfas.org>
Cock-a-Doodle-Doo! Thank you!
United Poultry Concerns is a nonprofit organization that promotes the compassionate and respectful treatment of domestic fowl.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but it seems to me that the respectful and compassionate thing to do is make chicken and dumplings. There are far more roosters in this world than there are pet homes for them, and most roosters don't make good pets. Plus, if they were in a natural sitauation they would be some hawk's or coyote's dinner anyway.

Quote:
I imagine the roos would have a different opinion!

I am sure if they are unsuccessful finding good homes for some of them then they will probably become someone's dinner. But if some good homes can be found, why shouldn't they try?.....

JJ

Back
Top Bottom