8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Hi 'peeps....
frow.gif

It's good that he CAN right himself but what I would do is put him in a little coffee mug with paper towels in the bottom so it's not slippery. This will help him gain strength in his legs while supporting him all around. I had a little poult last year that would routinely fall over but he had a very hard time getting back up on his own. You can read his story here if you'd like http://www.onemountainacres.weebly.com/adventures-with-chickens . It has a sad ending but he had made astounding progress before we lost him.

I can do that. Anything I should do to keep it entertained and not lonely? They make this horribly pathetic noise when they want attention lol

Last edited:
I can do that. Anything I should do to keep it entertained and not lonely? They make this horribly pathetic noise when they want attention lol

just keep it in the brooder with the others, in a spot where it won't be too hot or too cold. That way, all his/her brothers and sisters will be right there to "talk" to :) You'll need to make sure to feed and water him enough or let him out to eat and drink on his own often.

I will be following but did not think about this as i am new to the group I set mine to hatch christmas eve Lol santa is bringing chicks this year JK
I love when santa does that!

But he *can* right himself. And does. Without my intervention. And doesn't act super weak. Is there a chance he might have an inner ear issue or something? He really doesn't act like an unwell bird to me.

Right now I can't even tell what one it is since they're all running around in the brooder like little kids playing "airplane", wings wide out and adorable.
hang on i have an electrolyte recipe

Dang flies

Candled my duck eggs some of them might have hope as for my goose eggs think there done for nothing growing in them

Back
Top Bottom