8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

I have a full bator's worth of eggs to set the 11th, then, out of the blue, Pearl, a hen from one of our "experimental" pairings this spring decided she wanted to give motherhood a shot. She was giving me the "evil eye" when I went out to mark the eggs I set under her a couple days ago so I had to get a photo. (Seeing all the gorgeous blue eggs shared on here made me think of her, she lays about the prettiest egg I've had the pleasure of collecting.) On a side note, I've been desperately wanting to get ahold of some White Leghorn hatching eggs. I've ordered chicks 3 times now from 2 different places and EVERY SINGLE TIME they called to inform me they didn't hatch out as expected. What are the doggone odds of that? My flock just isn't complete without a handful of 'em. My last old WL hen, Betty White, needs some kin. Lol

I have a full bator's worth of eggs to set the 11th, then, out of the blue, Pearl, a hen from one of our "experimental" pairings this spring decided she wanted to give motherhood a shot. She was giving me the "evil eye" when I went out to mark the eggs I set under her a couple days ago so I had to get a photo. (Seeing all the gorgeous blue eggs shared on here made me think of her, she lays about the prettiest egg I've had the pleasure of collecting.) On a side note, I've been desperately wanting to get ahold of some White Leghorn hatching eggs. I've ordered chicks 3 times now from 2 different places and EVERY SINGLE TIME they called to inform me they didn't hatch out as expected. What are the doggone odds of that? My flock just isn't complete without a handful of 'em. My last old WL hen, Betty White, needs some kin. Lol
Leghorn hatching eggs should be fairly easy to get--hatcheries sell them too.

Candled my duck eggs some of them might have hope as for my goose eggs think there done for nothing growing in them

There only on day 4 but seen heart beats in a few i didnt check them all will do that the 11th

Definitely give them more time... the goose eggs are on day 4 as well? They take even longer than duck eggs to show veining... :fl

Definitely give them more time... the goose eggs are on day 4 as well? They take even longer than duck eggs to show veining... :fl

The goose eggs are over a week but were not turned for 5 days so im not sure if they count or if its like eggs sitting out on hot days then putting them in the bator and start counting either way they have until the 11th if nothing then those come out

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom