Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
I'd be surprised if it happens today, but I'd be shocked if it didn't happen by tomorrow.

Congradulations to this whole amazing community for making BYC the fastest growing and best destination for people interested in chickens!

So, let's start a countdown... er... um... countup!

As of right now: 8984 members!

Amazing and astounding!!
It's awesome what a great job you (and all the members and moderators) have done restoring/rebuilding backyardchickens.com.

The goal is a chicken or three in EVERY backyard!

Thanks again,
smile.png

Lisa

that's awesome! But then, what do you expect from a site filled with helpful chicken addicts all here to enable an addiction to peeps!!! LOL!!! Keep up the good work!!!

I second that! Thank you to all Moderators, and all others who are so helpful and enabling, encouraging, etc. This is my latest (4 yrs old now) obsession and my friends are just starting to realize how obsessive/addictive I really am. they sort of look at me sideways when i say something about my online chicken friends...they didn't realize BYC was even there until I told them all about it. I'm helping to spread the addiction to more of my friends...at least the ones who weren't already owned by chickens. They are the ones I caught it from!
Lisa

We went to the feed store today and looked at their chick orders. I'm in a pretty urban area and am amazed that they can order and sell so many chickens in this area:
http://www.concordfeed.com/chickdates.htm

This tells me two things:

1) I've got to put more bumper stickers for BYC on my cars so I can find all these people!
2) Keeping chickens, even in the city, is just super easy and fun! Everyone should have at least 3 chickens!

I think it's just an issue of educating people about our hobby (just make they don't know it is an obsession). If people knew how simple and enjoyable it is to raise chickens I think people wouldn't just understand why we do it... they'd all want a piece of the action... and that brings us back to the reason this thread was started: 50 new people every day are finding out how cool chickens are! Just make sure we all continue to be here to help them out (both as educators and enablers!)

BTW, we're at 8991 members!!! Just 9 more to go!

woot.gif

I am so excited for BYC, thank you all moderators for your help, and for the rest of you guys for making this web site to be a safe place to let your kids come to. Thank you for letting us keep prayer in our lives on here too. It really means the world to me.

God Bless you all!

Jada

Back
Top Bottom