9 month old Rooster

Vsantos920

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2020
Hello, I have a question lol. so I bought a 9 month old Serama Rooster from a breeder. He was shipped to me. I picked him up yesterday from the post office and he is gorgeous. The breeder kept him inside. I haven't heard the rooster crow one time and he is also scared of everything. When I put him outside you could tell he was afraid to even step on the grass. Today he just walks around and follows the hens. But I still see that he is very curious and still a little scared. I guess my question is will he get used to being outside? will he eventually crow? He hasn’t mated yet with my hens. Maybe when he is more comfortable he will do more but right now he is very timid when outside.
0ac46349-69a9-45a4-ab39-4585040ee710.jpg

Thank you, thats what I thought but I just wanted someone else’s opinion .
I finally heard his crow today. Yay. He still stays inside the coop when I open it up in the morning. So I took him down so he could be with the girls. At least I see a little progress. I was getting a little worried. But I think you are right he just needs to get used to his new surroundings. Especially since he was an inside rooster. The outdoors is a totally new world to him..

I finally heard his crow today. Yay. He still stays inside the coop when I open it up in the morning. So I took him down so he could be with the girls. At least I see a little progress. I was getting a little worried. But I think you are right he just needs to get used to his new surroundings. Especially since he was an inside rooster. The outdoors is a totally new world to him..
All chickens tend to freak out whenever ANYTHING new happens in their world. New home, new chickens, but even things as silly as a new bucket in their coop. Chickens don’t like change.
In only a few weeks your rooster will be king of his castle. He just needs time to learn about his new world.

All chickens tend to freak out whenever ANYTHING new happens in their world. New home, new chickens, but even things as silly as a new bucket in their coop. Chickens don’t like change.
In only a few weeks your rooster will be king of his castle. He just needs time to learn about his new

In only a few weeks your rooster will be king of his castle. He just needs time to learn about his new world.

The hens seem to love him and are actually showing him around. He went down the coop by himself this morning which he refused to do by himself yesterday. I see a little improvement in just days. He is slowly getting the hang of it and getting more comfortable.

Hello, I have a question lol. so I bought a 9 month old Serama Rooster from a breeder. He was shipped to me. I picked him up yesterday from the post office and he is gorgeous. The breeder kept him inside. I haven't heard the rooster crow one time and he is also scared of everything. When I put him outside you could tell he was afraid to even step on the grass. Today he just walks around and follows the hens. But I still see that he is very curious and still a little scared. I guess my question is will he get used to being outside? will he eventually crow? He hasn’t mated yet with my hens. Maybe when he is more comfortable he will do more but right now he is very timid when outside.View attachment 2516576
Did you put him in with your hens without proper quarantine time first?

Back
Top Bottom