9 out 4 to go

Quote:
lol.png
No Ma'am, I dont have pools set all over the house. If I had all the money & time & space to do it I would. But I must say I can fit 1 more SMALL pool in that spare room, but it doesnt help when you have two, yes 2 spare rooms.
EITED to say...but once the nice weather gets here, I can more or less put them straight out in the old house after a couple of days, thats when I get round to sorting it all out, I have doorways to block and fences to make to put up in the rooms so if I have any left from a hatch they will have their own brooder space.
Plus in this next group of eggs Im putting in I have 2 big eggs from Sly, so I MIGHT have to grow them out to see what they turn out like They will be Jumbo Pekin, blue Runner cross. OMG Now that will be something to see

Last edited:
I only saw the "next lot of eggs are in the bator " part of the above post....and thought about my own sitting empty at home... HHMMM 4 weeks til hatch..and I have some laying... Since I will have space in the spare room once the brooders are gone on Sunday - I might just have to start mine up again. Nicky ...I blame you and your gorgeous babies for that.
gig.gif

Nicky you MUST STOP not only are you tempting Oz, but me!!! I look at pictures of my adorable babies from 5mths ago to 5mths later and think 'AWWW, how i'd love to see those new borns starting out as a little yolk to this big and this beautiful!" But, I just can't. I live in a 9 house association and I'm pushing my luck, that is why I bought the dog kennels just to play it safe. Plus, one day I'd LOVE to get 2 American Buff Geese, but from what Olive told they are calm creatures but LOUD when something out of the ordinary happens, nothing gets passed them and then everyone hears about it! LOL! But I'm getting my AWWWWW fill from you.

I have a question for ya'll that hatch out so many ducks, how do you find people wanting to buy from you? do you advertise in the paper? craigs list? I only hatched once{ Muscovy } and hardly had any one interested. Now I don't even let my girls sit and boy would they like too, but I don't have the room for so many ducks.. I was even thinking about letting them sit some chicken eggs, but I don't know if that would be fair to the chicks because Mama duck will want them in the water sooner or later. And Go, your going to have some pure runners coming up soon? thats exciting what colors do you have now?

Quote:
Im going to advertise them on Craigslist and put up a Poster down at TSC.
Yes
Miss Lydia I put some pure Runner eggs in the bator, They are from a blue Holderreads Runner and Metzer babies. I dont know who laid the egg as only 1 Runner is laying. But the egg is greeny coloured so its either the blue girl or 1 of the chocs. So...I have no idea what colour they will be, I put 3 in to see if I got a mix of colours, so in 28 days we will soon see.

These are my Metzer babies with my Holderreads drake..on and fat butt her honary self
outside026.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom