911 I need answers now!!!😭😭😭

I understand you would not want to keep it around. I cannot tell much from it since it was the same color as the white stuff coming out it
Yeah it was stretched out and was stiff and it was opening and closing it’s mouth and eyes then it just stopped and was stiff. The whitish stuff was just dripping out.

Yeah it was stretched out and was stiff and it was opening and closing it’s mouth and eyes then it just stopped and was stiff. The whitish stuff was just dripping out.
I’m so sorry this happened. Can u get a pic of the set up soon? I just want to make sure overheating isn’t an issue but I highly doubt it is

I’m SO sorry. It’s so hard to lose one, I know. Best advice I have for you is to have a necropsy done—I know you said you buried your her/him but i don’t know when. If it was very recently....and I know this is traumatic...you may want to retrieve the body and refrigerate it until you can bring it in for a necropsy. We did this recently and it was inexpensive ($100) and SO helpful. We got a complete report and they also ran tests for possible contagions (both within the flock and zoonotic). It was worth the money for the piece of mind. You can’t rule out whether or not the cause of death was contagious or not without testing. You could do the necropsy yourself, if you can! At least you could rule in/out if she was egg bound or had a crop issue....
I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. Keeping chickens is wonderful but can be so stressful and challenging. But with every challenge we grow and gain knowledge, so stay positive. Sorry once again for your loss!

I’m waiting on them to get a pic of their set up (I just want to see if there is an overheating issue or something) but I’m thinking cocci- do you feel that way to?
I have no idea. I know that usually coccidiosis is blood in the poop. I have no experience treating really anything. Do cocci cause seizures?

I’m SO sorry. It’s so hard to lose one, I know. Best advice I have for you is to have a necropsy done—I know you said you buried your her/him but i don’t know when. If it was very recently....and I know this is traumatic...you may want to retrieve the body and refrigerate it until you can bring it in for a necropsy. We did this recently and it was inexpensive ($100) and SO helpful. We got a complete report and they also ran tests for possible contagions (both within the flock and zoonotic). It was worth the money for the piece of mind. You can’t rule out whether or not the cause of death was contagious or not without testing. You could do the necropsy yourself, if you can! At least you could rule in/out if she was egg bound or had a crop issue....
I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. Keeping chickens is wonderful but can be so stressful and challenging. But with every challenge we grow and gain knowledge, so stay positive. Sorry once again for your loss!
She was far to young to be egg bound but I like your input. A necropsy would be good. And if it happens that another chick passes like this, save its body to use if you cannot retrieve the other one.

I have no idea. I know that usually coccidiosis is blood in the poop. I have no experience treating really anything. Do cocci cause seizures?
I know cocci does have blood in the poop but really what else could it be other than,
A crop issue
Overheating which caused her insides to well.... the white stuff I guess
Or maybe the other chicks pecking her vent area? I doubt that since the pic of the butt you sent had no blood or anything- was that pic before the issues?

Back
Top Bottom