911!!

Good. That may mean her machinery is still up and running. She's definitely on the brink. But she still has a chance if her liver is functioning and is metabolizing the meds. The sugar water can help pull her back from the brink, so stick with it as long as you're able, but come midnight, if you're still awake, let her rest for the rest of the night, and you need to get rest, too.
Thank u so much. Again. I don’t think I’ll rest much tho! 🥺

Why do her feet look weird like that? Does that have anything to do with what she’s fighting right now? Or no she’s just limp and essentially shutting down. And what is the sticky drool or whatever about? Like it’s super sticky when I opened her mouth(before I even did sugar water) and it made a little bubble like snot or something. Idk how to explain it. I’m just so sad right now. And feel like I can’t leave her side at all.

Attachments

• E9E3820D-0667-4E6B-8E22-6AE59844BB53.jpeg
    E9E3820D-0667-4E6B-8E22-6AE59844BB53.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 7
I'm stumped over the mucous in her mouth. I thought it might have been from a crop that was backing up due to her system shutting down, but the crop isn't full, so it's not from the crop unless you put pressure on the crop as you were handling her.

Her feet? That's the position they would normally be in when a chicken is resting on their hocks. I'm going to mention this so you will keep up hope, but still be ready for the worst.

A chicken that is upright is still hanging in there. A chicken that has flopped onto her side is dying.

She’s gone. She just passed 15 mins ago. She opened her eyes for the first time all night and looked at me cause I was talking to her and petting her letting her know I was here.. she like shook her head tiny bit took a breath and was gone. She pooped on herself right as she did i know is normal but it reeks it’s the first time I’ve seen her go yet. How can I “collect” it incase I find someone who can test it so I could possibly find out what was wrong? Or does it not work like that. I don’t understand what this black is in her stool AGAIN?! I’ve never seen this from any of my chickens ever. And they had Coccidiosis early summer so I’ve seen some crazy looking poo.

Attachments

• 6B29FE4A-22E2-4C31-A602-774E746E6E91.jpeg
    6B29FE4A-22E2-4C31-A602-774E746E6E91.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 6
  • A58CE82E-C792-496F-A495-7CCD2001434C.jpeg
    A58CE82E-C792-496F-A495-7CCD2001434C.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 7
I'm so sad she couldn't have pulled through. You tried harder to save her than most people.

The black in the poop may be from internal bleeding. It adds more mystery to this. If you are close to a state lab that does farm animal testing, you could take her to them and have them do a necropsy. It would answer all the questions. You need to refrigerate her right now while you think this through. She would need to be tested withing 24 hours, 48 the limit, but she needs to be kept cold.

You can opt for testing that poop, but it might cost as much as a necropsy would, and wouldn't tell you more than if she had worms or coccidia and if it contains abnormally high levels of bacteria and what they are. (called a gram stain test) If you collect that poop in a clean jar or new plastic baggie, refrigerate it and get it to your vet in the morning for a gram stain test and fecal float.

She’s gone. She just passed 30 mins ago. She opened her eyes for the first time all night and looked at me cause I was talking to her and petting her letting her know I was here.. she like shook her head tiny bit took a breath and was gone. She pooped on herself right as she did i know is normal but it reeks it’s the first time I’ve seen her go yet. How can I “collect” it incase I find someone who can test it so I could possibly find out what was wrong? Or does it not work like that. I don’t understand what this black is in her stool AGAIN?! I’ve never seen this from any of my chickens ever. And they had Coccidiosis early summer so I’ve seen some crazy looking poo. I’m not looking forward to letting my girls know. Especially today my oldest turned 11. I feel like such a failure!

She’s gone. She just passed 15 mins ago. She opened her eyes for the first time all night and looked at me cause I was talking to her and petting her letting her know I was here.. she like shook her head tiny bit took a breath and was gone. She pooped on herself right as she did i know is normal but it reeks it’s the first time I’ve seen her go yet. How can I “collect” it incase I find someone who can test it so I could possibly find out what was wrong? Or does it not work like that. I don’t understand what this black is in her stool AGAIN?! I’ve never seen this from any of my chickens ever. And they had Coccidiosis early summer so I’ve seen some crazy looking poo.
i'm sorry. it was just her time. sometimes that's all you can do. wrap her in a blanket and tell her how much you love her.

I'm so sad she couldn't have pulled through. You tried harder to save her than most people.

The black in the poop may be from internal bleeding. It adds more mystery to this. If you are close to a state lab that does farm animal testing, you could take her to them and have them do a necropsy. It would answer all the questions. You need to refrigerate her right now while you think this through. She would need to be tested withing 24 hours, 48 the limit, but she needs to be kept cold.

You can opt for testing that poop, but it might cost as much as a necropsy would, and wouldn't tell you more than if she had worms or coccidia and if it contains abnormally high levels of bacteria and what they are. (called a gram stain test) If you collect that poop in a clean jar or new plastic baggie, refrigerate it and get it to your vet in the morning for a gram stain test and fecal float.
If I have a necropsy done dont they obviously keep her? They won’t give her back to me to bury her at home? Sorry My phone died when I was in middle of writing the other response it must of sent it before it died so that’s why I wrote it twice.

i'm sorry. it was just her time. sometimes that's all you can do. wrap her in a blanket and tell her how much you love her.
I told her again after she passed. And the whole time before and during. I swear she heard me I kept seeing her move her head when I got up to go closer to garage door(for wifi) I was crying when communicating back and forth on here.

Back
Top Bottom