insanity

Songster
7 Years
Jan 17, 2013
Northwest Wy
I did eggtopsy on my unhatched all were gone from low humidity except 1. now the egg is open and the membrane is leathery. what can I do. please help

On day 23, yes there is veining.No there is no blood but membrane is tuff/leathery. The chick isn't moving very much, barely in fact. I almost missed it.I put it in a wet paper towel and upped the bator humidity.1 hatched ok then they all went silent yesterday am.

I'm a little lost? So this one hatched? or are you saying one hatched then the rest went silent and as you were opening them you found another one alive? Or are you saying this one you found alive hatched?

If it hasn't hatched can you send me a picture, let me see how much of the shell you took off and let me see what it looks like inside.

nether mind,sac filled with blood.movement stopped.thanks
OH NO A VEIN BROKE. SHOOTS, lesson to learn. Dang it, so sorry to hear that, if it every happens again, best thing to do is up the humidity but don't cover it with a wet paper towel. Let it dry out some, so that it can finish absorbing..

I'm a little lost? So this one hatched? or are you saying one hatched then the rest went silent and as you were opening them you found another one alive? Or are you saying this one you found alive hatched?

If it hasn't hatched can you send me a picture, let me see how much of the shell you took off and let me see what it looks like inside.
1 hatched yesterday,4 remianing went silent and quit moving so I did an eggtopsy and found 1 alive. tried to save it.
But I just checked it and the sac was full of blood and the chick was passed away.

he
OH NO A VEIN BROKE.  SHOOTS, lesson to learn.  Dang it, so sorry to hear that, if it every happens again, best thing to do is up the humidity but don't cover it with a wet paper towel.  Let it dry out some, so that it can finish absorbing..
can you help me PLEASE!!!!!
Pipped yesterday and membrane was hard! Humidity is as high as I can get it! Have sponges,tissues etc etc in it! I help it along and obviously broke a vessel!!! I will attempt to send a pic! It's half wet half bloody! :-( still moving around and chirping

he
can you help me PLEASE!!!!!
Pipped yesterday and membrane was hard! Humidity is as high as I can get it! Have sponges,tissues etc etc in it! I help it along and obviously broke a vessel!!! I will attempt to send a pic! It's half wet half bloody! :-( still moving around and chirping
OK leave him alone, he's got a lot of obsorbing, lots of blood. YEK, It's good to see his beak out that's great he can breath. Let him dry up some after two hours get a wet paper towel but only cover half of him, not the opened area.. Leave the opened area to dry up some, do not cover the entire thing because he'll just stay wet and never obsorb that blood. By letting him dry out some basically forces him to obsorb. My only other concern is you have quite a few more.. Opening the bator at this time will cause problems with them.. Now he will need help but not right now..

Back
Top Bottom