A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Treefarmer42 - your roos will be fine for the winter. I bought a group of straight-run chicks as well, and they've been happily living together since July
smile.png

We got our first bielefelder egg today! They hatched in April, so are about 29 weeks old. The egg weighs 44 grams, which is slightly less than my cream Legbar eggs. So awesome!

The pic with several eggs shows the size in comparison to the other eggs we get.

I am considering selling my bielefelder flock. Does anyone know how I should price them?

I have 8 hens that are about 1.5 years old., laying now if under lights.
I have 7 pullets that are between 1 and 3 months old.

I have 2 mature roosters and many younger roos. lets say 8 between 1 month to 10 months.

I can't really find comps to figure out what to charge. I would want to sell them as a group. The buyer wouldn't have to take all the roos though if they didn't want.

We are considering selling because we might be temporarily unable to enclose the roosters at night and we live in central Austin. It is hard to find a long term petsitter willing to come out every night and put the boys away after dark.

They have been great little income producers though! We hate to part with them. They are our favorite breed so I will be keeping my favorite two hens. They aren't included in the count above. It will be hard to eat those eggs though!

RWD,
The reason I am asking this question is I actually have a local buyer interested but I don't know how to price them. She has been trying to get me to sell her some girls for awhile! Do you have an offer (you can send it privately) and I can run it by my local person and give you the second option. I am really lost with where to start. I can't find any adults for sale.

I sell the eggs on ebay for an average of $70 for 11+ and shipping is extra. When they are under lights I get 5 eggs a day from 7 girls. It can be a good income if you keep up with it. I sell them locally for less because I like to encourage the local community!

A local breeder told me he'd sell his POL pullet for $80 each. I am in Southern California, not many Bielefelder breeders local. It seemed a bit pricey to me so I opted to try my hand at some shipped eggs, in hopes I can get a couple pullets for me to keep and breeder stock for someone who can keep Roosters. I either have a really good hatch coming this week or a really bad one. I'll find out in a few days. I can't tell a thing on the Bielefelder eggs they appear to full but are dark eggs in the first place.

In the end anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Best of luck :)

Back
Top Bottom