A Bielefelder Thread !

I just check Coastline the prices are good yes, however I have never seen my bielefelders lay that colour of egg in the 2 1/2 years I have them.Their eggs are lots darker that what the picture shows.

There are a lot of wonderful people raising Bielies on this thread. Also, Greenfire Farms is probably the most responsible for importing two different lines of this breed into the USA and they are in Florida. Look them up online and see if they're close enough to you to drive there for pickup. They have always been kind answering my emails.
http://greenfirefarms.com/chicken/bielefelder/

Thanks @Sylvester017 They are about 3 hour drive one way away from us...
I will see but keep them in mind... I sure would love this breed in the future...

Thanks @Sylvester017 They are about 3 hour drive one way away from us...
I will see but keep them in mind... I sure would love this breed in the future...

They are still SUPER rare so you are very lucky to have some that close. You will probably have to get some shipped (which is how most of us have had to do it). But it would be a short trip for them by mail!

I'm starting to fall in love with this breed, esp since I'm a native to Germany, so I love everything that has to do with my home country.
we are in Jacksonville, FL and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this beautiful breed into my own back yard.

Thank you so much for your help.

If you don't find someone close by, order egg's from a reputable breeder..

Here's some Coastline chicks on the right (2011 import) On the left are from Pam(Ron Skekel) 2013 import.
(The dark/grey chick is a Legbar)

Same chicks as above. They are a little over three weeks old now. Pics were taken today.

Last edited:
These are all Biele eggs except for the lighter colored legbars. They're from the above hatch.
2013 import upper half of egg tray. Lower half Coastline eggs, 2011 import.

@ChickCrazed
One of our brat's on a family hike.. She has to carry her own water.. She was a good on the trails,except for the time she tried to chase a lizard & almost went into the cactus..

These are all Biele eggs except for the lighter colored legbars. They're from the above hatch. 2013 import upper half of egg tray. Lower half Coastline eggs, 2011 import.
Okay wonderful to know! I was wondering in coastline had the 2011 or 2013 lines. Would that mean if I made a future order through green fire I could obtain the 2013 line as well? I haven't even gotten this chicken yet and I am already so in love lol....

Back
Top Bottom