A Bielefelder Thread !

I know folk keep mention these lay extra large egg. I got a hen recently and her egg very much same egg size as orpington, RIR, and other breed. I do love how calm she is.

We have built a dog run off the side of the livestock mini barn...with a doggie door, a big doggie door. Besides the radio on in the window (which used to be our kitchen) Jack is usually inside lazing about on his deluxe king size dog bed. If he hears a stick crunch...he blasts out of the doggie door & scares the you-know-what outta whatever is out there. Jack is a bone headed 1/2 Pyrenees 1/2 something -like-maybe-a standard poodle ? Aussie ? And Jack is BIG. There is nothing that can protect your stock or home like a good dog !
And nothing worse than a bad one!!! This morning, my two year old son opened the door to the bathroom where my chicks overnight in my garden tub. And then my 8mo old pit pup jumped right in the tub and tried to eat the poor babies!! Luckily it was over quickly, but my little Roo somehow got a scuffed elbow (is it called an elbow? The back of his leg where it bends just below the feathers?) I put antibiotic ointment on it. I looked them all over and didn't find that anyone else was hurt, thank goodness!!

Wow. My experience with them has been awesome. They are my favorite by far. Good layers, great disposition, and have consistently paid the feed bill with eggs and chicks. I highly recommend them to people wanting low maintenance birds that lay huge eggs and beautiful to boot.
big_smile.png
I saw your ad, very very nice birds !

And nothing worse than a bad one!!! This morning, my two year old son opened the door to the bathroom where my chicks overnight in my garden tub.
And then my 8mo old pit pup jumped right in the tub and tried to eat the poor babies!! Luckily it was over quickly, but my little Roo somehow got a scuffed elbow (is it called an elbow? The back of his leg where it bends just below the feathers?) I put antibiotic ointment on it. I looked them all over and didn't find that anyone else was hurt, thank goodness!!
Well, breed has alot to do with it, and training, and you did say yours was a pup ?
Hopefully he grows up respecting what he is to protect !

I know folk keep mention these lay extra large egg. I got a hen recently and her egg very much same egg size as orpington, RIR, and other breed. I do love how calm she is.

Out of 5 hens, I have one that lays a normal size egg, 4 that lay a jumbo egg, and 3 pullets have started laying and their eggs are getting bigger each week.

Mine are super good dual purpose layers, I am guessing with one post under their belt they probably are just mistaken.........
My Bielefelder line came straight from Germany and have reached max 180- 200 eggs a year. My my Rocks reached to 300 eggs a year.

10 little Bielefelder moving to their grow out brooder.
They hatched from 22 shipped eggs. I've got 2 pullets
and 2 cockerels a month older so I'm hoping no more shipped eggs next
spring..

Back
Top Bottom