A Bielefelder Thread !

awesome! and we get pictures?

That was a 2 day ago photo, since that, 2 more hatched, and tomorrow I will get better photos. When that egg pipped, I already had 19 SCM hatched...and there was 3-4 eggs left...I was going to toss...I had a water bowl, and a food bowl I slid in quickly for the horde of hatched babies....so you see the pieces of food & water bowl with marbles in this photo through the incubator glass.

I sure hate it that I am able to provide you with an example of a sprig! Sadly I cannot provide a picture of a "good" comb!
idunno.gif
hugs.gif
Things will get better...and you are helping everyone get better !!

I have 9 new B-la-felders coming. I am getting 4 roos and hoping just one of them will have a good comb. I love my roo now very nice just hate the sprig.
I can ship you eggs up to April 1st...after that, the dept of AG is shutting down all incoming fowl & eggs into Florida, unless they are tested the day before shipment...that means if you guys in Florida want shipped eggs (or fowl) you will have to pay for a vet test, so the box has a form included from the day of shipment...I have mixed opinions on this & the best one is to shut up & move on cuz this ticks me off! Oh welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
somad.gif

On the topic of eggs...how big are Biel eggs? My Australorp just laid a 75 gram egg today and it's honestly the biggest egg I've ever seen!

This is a JUMBO EGG CARTON....................

That is a quarter there...not a nickle !
EDITED TO ADD:: My Jersey Giants laid the biggest eggs I have seen in my lifetime, and I am pretty old !!

Last edited:
yep, dud eggs is better to deal with now, than issues later. is this genetic issue you are seeing, just to the EE or can it happen to any breed? might there be a thread already on this?

idle minds while waiting for hatching
hide.gif

Amen on that! Much rather loose an egg than a breathing chick!

I am on restriction currently chained to my desk until I get a painting done...or else !!!
But I will try & get photos tonight when I go out to close coops...I do not know wether I should root out the half-silver cuckoo half Biel hen and toss her out or leave her in there breeding back to her father is making silvery white marans !
as long as you are not seeing any problems with the chicks, I would try it again and keep only the healthiest and very best.

This is a JUMBO EGG CARTON.................... That is a quarter there...not a nickle ! EDITED TO ADD:: My Jersey Giants laid the biggest eggs I have seen in my lifetime, and I am pretty old !!
That's a beautiful thing right there! I took a picture of mine with a quarter too (can I just say it's really hard to balance a quarter on an egg!), and I put it next to my chocolate Orpingtons egg too. The chocolate Orp is the smaller egg but still a large size.

Back
Top Bottom