A Bielefelder Thread !

I ordered my chicks from a fellow in Roanoke, VA, who does ship.  Granted, the time of year was terrible for shipping (and in all honesty, that was my decision, not his), so only three out of the 7 survived.  He does stand behind his warrantee to replace for free any DOA chicks you ordered (not the extras shipped for warmth), he and I had something of a disagreement as to the shipping cost to replace a DOA hen.

Given that, I must say that the three Biels survivors are HUGE, BEAUTIFUL, FRIENDLY, and simply a joy.  I could not ask for better quality at all.

Go to Craigslist Roanoke, VA, and type in Bielefelders.  You will see his ad (his name is Chris and he's in Boons Mill, also keep an eye out on Rare Breed Auctions as he sells there as well).  I should think that shipping at this time of the year will be much more successful.  In short, do I recommend Chris?  Yes, I do.

Dana

Looked him up, thank you!
It will still be over 100$, witch is out of my budget range currently. I might have some lined up in my state a few hours away!

Well if you are cross breeding you no longer have Bielefelders so how could you sell them as such. My birds come from a woman that bought her birds from GFF. There are many reputable people selling Biels from birds that are GFF stock. If someone is selling mixed birds as pure that is a whole other ball game.

buzzardairline.com
rarebreedauction.com
breeders in this thread

Don't get me wrong. I love GFF. I live 45 minutes away from Greenfire and buy their birds.

The reason I prefer GFF or Omega Hills is because so many private breeders get their stock/hatches mixed up -- it happens. There are reputable breeders that are strict about keeping separate breeding pens and then there are some that might sell a Bielie mix just because it looks like a Bielie at hatch but really is an accidental mix. Not that there is anything wrong with mixes if all you want is to do experimental breeding or just for eggs but someone who wants a Bielie really is talking a purebred. Even hatcheries were cross-breeding some of their chickens in the past to build up production and still classifying them as purebreds. Sad but true.

Last edited:
I won't be joining your ranks after all - at least not yet. My Deelyflopper egg didn't make it. <sigh>
@Blooie
So sorry to hear this. I had only two hatch from 8 eggs. I ended up with 1 cockerel and 1 pullet. I really wanted a roo because I have 2 Bielefelder hens.

I think that you would have a better chance with more than 1 egg.
hugs.gif
Don't give up on the Deelyfloppers!

I ordered my chicks from a fellow in Roanoke, VA, who does ship. Granted, the time of year was terrible for shipping (and in all honesty, that was my decision, not his), so only three out of the 7 survived. He does stand behind his warrantee to replace for free any DOA chicks you ordered (not the extras shipped for warmth), he and I had something of a disagreement as to the shipping cost to replace a DOA hen.

Given that, I must say that the three Biels survivors are HUGE, BEAUTIFUL, FRIENDLY, and simply a joy. I could not ask for better quality at all.

Go to Craigslist Roanoke, VA, and type in Bielefelders. You will see his ad (his name is Chris and he's in Boons Mill, also keep an eye out on Rare Breed Auctions as he sells there as well). I should think that shipping at this time of the year will be much more successful. In short, do I recommend Chris? Yes, I do.

Dana
I second that! I have purchased from Chris on Rarebreedauctions. His name there is chris777. I too had mine shipped at a bad time of the year. Unfortunately, from the first 12 only one made it. He honored his guarantee to replace the doa, out of those only 4 made it. I have had a rough time getting chicks alive to me. I do recommend him, his birds are coming along very nicely.

I also have purchased from Brinkhaven Acres who also sell on Rarebreedauctions and have a very nice website. I am pretty sure they are a supplier for mypetchicken also. The two from them are very large nice looking birds. The rooster does have sprigs on his comb though.
sad.png

I have heard that papa's poultry now has them also.

I second that! I have purchased from Chris on Rarebreedauctions. His name there is chris777. I too had mine shipped at a bad time of the year. Unfortunately, from the first 12 only one made it. He honored his guarantee to replace the doa, out of those only 4 made it. I have had a rough time getting chicks alive to me. I do recommend him, his birds are coming along very nicely.

I also have purchased from Brinkhaven Acres who also sell on Rarebreedauctions and have a very nice website. I am pretty sure they are a supplier for mypetchicken also. The two from them are very large nice looking birds. The rooster does have sprigs on his comb though.
sad.png

I have heard that papa's poultry now has them also.
I got my eggs from Papa's Poultry and Country Hill Poultry. His birds are coming along nicely, I do have one roo with sprigs, the other 5 look nice though. If you want one come take a peek and pick one out. They're so sweet I don't want to butcher them. I'll trade for some eggs down the line if you want.

Back
Top Bottom